spousal sponsorship

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
As I said in my response to your email, the screenshots you sent me were of a draft message and then an error warning for a post that was sent without a subject or an addressee. So whatever errors you were experiencing, I couldn't see them.

richard.williams

riley, why dont you just copy and paste that private email of what i think the officers notes would be and please answer it online publicly if it makes you feel more comfortable then? how does that sound? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Richard, I already answered that question, as you well know. You have to apply to see the notes. The notes are not automatically released to you.

richard.williams

im not referring to that email! im referring to the one where i put what i think might be the officers notes if they denied the spousal sponsorship application. cant you find it in the private messages that i sent you? you should have received it. i simply put in that private message that i sent you what i think would be the reason why the officer might deny it and what the notes might be. youre gonna tell me that you didnt receive that private message that i sent you where i put in the comments that i think the officer might write down? why dont you check all of your private messages and tell me if you received it or not? you should have gotten it! it read something like applicant has already lived in the united states and got deported. comes from el salvador which is a poor country, leads me to believe that marriage is fake and applicant only married just to get papers. RSVP

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
As I have said to you many times over, Richard, if you have resolved your inadmissibility, then it should not affect an application to immigrate to Canada however you cannot know what will happen until the officer makes a decision because, in the end, the approval or rejection is at the discretion of the officer.

richard.williams

is the officer who tries to determine if the marriage is real or not a visa officer or another type of officer like a border officer? will this officer have knowledge of my deportation or criminal record from the u.s.? what do you think that the officer who made this quote meant, In another, at a South American visa post, officials approved an application because ?this is positive. She does not have a history of trying to get out of Colombia.?

what do you think that he implied by making that statement that she doesnt have a history of trying to get out of colombia????? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
The "officer" is an employee of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, not of Canada Border Services Agency.
The officer will have likely have access to that information, but I don't know for sure, having never been involved with the submission of a criminal rehabilitation application. I assume that information is shared between CBSA and IRCC but I don't know.
?this is positive. She does not have a history of trying to get out of Colombia.?
Not knowing anything at all about the context of this statement, I would assume that this visa officer was suggesting that they might not grant a visa (i.e. temporary residence, not the same thing as a spousal sponsorship application at all) to someone who had a history of trying to overstay visas. But that is complete speculation on my part.

richard.williams

so then you can only speculate or assume at best to what that officer might be implying then? you know what i think im gonna do is buy that book by the author who was given access to inner thinking of how visa officers make that decision. well would you at least tell me this then, if the deciding officer denies the spousal sponsorship and he or she gives out the notes upon request, on what grounds would the denial be based upon? if they deny the application would it be following specific guidelines that are in writing somewhere either in a handbook or government manual assuming that both are by the federal government?????????? rsvp