spousal sponsorship

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well everything I tell you is not an expert opinion. I don't submit applications or anything like that, so everything I know is second hand and just the official story.

richard

riley, what if someone tried to bribe a border officer with A LOT OF MONEY in AMERICAN DOLLARS? lets say maybe 500k to 1 million dollars, would someone take the money and grant permanent residence? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea what to say to this.
Bribery is illegal.
Just because the US dollar is low doesn't mean that a Canadian wants a bribe because it's in AMERICAN DOLLARS, as you put it.
Nobody is going to throw away their career for a few hundred thousand dollars.
You can't pay a CBSA officer to get your approval from CIC. Sometimes I wonder how much of what I write you actually read. CBSA and CIC are completely different agencies. (And CIC was just renamed, by the way...) CBSA has nothing to do with your permanent residence, only your entry.

richard

its not a matter of being rich but getting the pr card the easy way bribing an officer with MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! rsvp

richard

all you said is that its illegal. nobody is gonna throw away their career for a few hundred thousands but what about 5 million dollars or more? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Same answer. Same answer for 10. Same for 20. Whatever. It's illegal. Also, you are asking about this on a public forum, so you're already suspect.

richard.williams

so then everything has to be done legally and ethically then? if more time went by like in the year 2025 or beyond would this increase my chances that a border officer would believe me more that im truly rehabilitated or not??????????????? rsvp

richard.williams

riley im sorry if i offended you can you please tell me if beyond 2023 it would look better the more time went by for a border officer to have more credibility in someone that theyre rehabilitated or not?????? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
so then everything has to be done legally and ethically then?
Of course it does. Why would you think otherwise?

riley im sorry if i offended you
You did not offend me. I was on vacation.

lease tell me if beyond 2023 it would look better the more time went by for a border officer to have more credibility in someone that theyre rehabilitated or not?
If memory serves, you would be deemed rehabilitated by then, no?