spousal sponsorship

richard

hope you had a very happy new year riley! i sure did!!!!! it was fun here in el salvador doing firecrackers in the street! let me ask you this then, can i only visit canada right now or not? only visit and not immigrate! rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you will need to convince the officer issuing a visa, first. If you didn't need a visa, it would be a different story.

richard

when you said that i need to work on my skilled worker stuff, what exactly did you mean? work it on but how? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on what work you do with sheet metal. Have you found your NOC code here http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/occupation_search-eng.do;jsessionid=AFC4ED439DCBB2075798E16E793DA1BD.imnav2 ?

richard

well, riley, ill be honest. i only have experience in sheet metal industry and offshore catering/restaurant actual real life work experience. what do you think? rsvp

richard

ok and if i dont then what should i do or what do you think i should do referring to when i should work on skilled trades/labor? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know that you can get a job offer doing manual labour, but you might be able to if you are willing to do certain jobs Canadians don't want to do. (I believe there are lots of temporary farm workers, for example.)

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you get a work permit for lower skilled or semi-skilled work then, yes, you most likely will not be able to apply for PR.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You need to find a job in El Salvador that meets the "skilled" standard in the NOC. And it would help if it had something to do with your education.

richard

i think that i can find something that meets the NOC standards but cannot corroborate it with my education since my education was from california state university at los angeles and it had to with legal interpretation and translation. maybe i should look at interpreters and translators job? what do you think? are you trying to give me objective or conclusive advice here? im confused how you have gone about making this determination.............? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose if you have enough work experience in a particular profession, it may not matter what your degree is in. I don't know. That's more of a question for a consultant.