PRTD AND PR CARD RENEWAL

Moon

Dear Moon and others,

On my latest call with IRCC, it informed me that it has decided to change the status of my case from 'Pickup' to 'Delivery to my address'. Of course this is oral and there is no update on my online status. But the call attendant did not give any indicative timeframe and with enormous new covid cases in Toronto, I am once again not sure how much more time IRCC may take.

My ques:

1. Do you think IRCC will act fairly early, considering that my case is pending from May 1, 2019 ?
2. Can I take the oral statement of the decision to change to delivery instead of pickup as the real decision and wait for the same ?

I would be thankful for valuable feedback.

Chellamani
Dear Chellamani,

At last, IRCC released our renewed PR card and we collected them physically from IRCC local office Etobicoke.

@Chella: it’s good news for you that IRCC has changed your PR delivery process from in person pick up to delivery at your home address in Canada.
You should be calm and wait. Hopefully, one day you will be updating us on this forum for having received them at your mailing address in Canada.

As soon as you receive PR, you may then apply for PRTD. Then there will be no chance of rejecting your PRTD request.

Regards,

Moon

Emmy

Hi , I am writing this to inquire about the PRTD,
I have already applied for my PR renewal it’s been 2 months now and I have no update it’s still in process , while on the other hand I have decision made and I’m at the oath stage for my citizenship. But my grandmother she’s very sick and I have no other option left but to travel ,should I apply for my prtd from outside Canada while I have already applied for my pr , or should I cancel my pr application and only apply for my prtd? I will highly appreciate if anyone can guide me what can I do in this situation? Or if anyone has had the similar situation they have dealt with. Thank you

Emmy

Hello,
Thanks for the reply , but I have to leave next week she’s in critical condition and i do not have a US visa . Plus i think they are taking months to even submit the visa application from Canada there is a massive list of people. I just want clarity over the fact that can i apply for my prtd while I have alreday two applications in process ,
Citizenship, decision made
Pr renewal, in process

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
It does not effect the Travel Document application if you have two or five application in process at the same time. One thing I would say is it could take 2-3 weeks for your Mom to get back her PRTD ( from Canadian Diplomatic Mission). Read are article about PRDT it covers most of your questions.

Emmy

So I should just fly with my expired pr card and then apply for the prtd from outside Canada ? I do not want them to revoke my pr status so that is why i wanted to know if applying for many applications at a time would effect my status or will create any confusion. Another question is that i have heard if you withdraw your pr application and then apply for prtd the processing for the prtd is faster. Is that true ?
i will highly appreciate for your time .
Thank you

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
I get the feeling you are getting bad information. The only people that need to worry about their PR being revoked are people that have been outside of Canada for a few years (730 days).

This does not sound like your situation to me.

Here is what I recommend:

Read about PRDT's from the IRCC source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...rvices/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

Read Immigroup's article about this same topic.

Try calling IRCC (the government): 1-888-242-2100 (you do not have to disclose who you are)

Take it with a grain of salt the advice you get from your friends or even the advice you get from this or any other forum.

OR

Do a Google search "Permanent Resident card and travel Document" and hire a professional for a paid consultation.

chella99

Dear Chellamani,

At last, IRCC released our renewed PR card and we collected them physically from IRCC local office Etobicoke.

@Chella: it’s good news for you that IRCC has changed your PR delivery process from in person pick up to delivery at your home address in Canada.
You should be calm and wait. Hopefully, one day you will be updating us on this forum for having received them at your mailing address in Canada.

As soon as you receive PR, you may then apply for PRTD. Then there will be no chance of rejecting your PRTD request.

Regards,

Moon

Dear All,

There is a form IMM5475 that can be filled while the application is in process. The Form authorises the applicant to give the right to someone to the information that IRCC can share. My questions:

1. If I fill in that form and send thru webform authorising someone in Canada, can he/she call and get the necessary info from ICC?
2. Can he/she visit IRCC on my behalf?
3. Can he/she pick up the card from ICC on my behalf ?
4. If I fill in this Form, does it mean I lose my own right to call IRCC and get relevant info ?

I would be very thankful for the feedback of informed memebrs.

Chellamani

chella99

It has been ovr 4 months since I last wrote on this forum. My case histry is well stated earleir.

I have not still heard anything at all, although whenever I call IRCC, they keep repeating the same like a parrot the following:
'Your card is ready to be printed at Hamilton office and you will receive an email on what to do next'

I just don't know what to do and would be very thankful for any new or innovative ideas please.

Thank you...

chella99

It has been ovr 4 months since I last wrote on this forum. My case histry is well stated earleir.

I have not still heard anything at all, although whenever I call IRCC, they keep repeating the same like a parrot the following:
'Your card is ready to be printed at Hamilton office and you will receive an email on what to do next'

I just don't know what to do and would be very thankful for any new or innovative ideas please.

Thank you...
I had posted the above request quite sometime. Can the members please throw some light and hints to help me ?? Thanks.

chella99

Dear All,

At last, after expiry of 3 years and 2 months, I have received a letter from IRCC asking me to come for an interview and card pick-up at its Etobicoke Office on August 3, 2022.

However, I am out of the country and just a day before receipt of this letter, I have applied for the PRTD. Given the extremely short time, I am not sure whether I will get the PRTD to be able to travel for the scheduled interview. If not possible, I have asked them to reschedule in such a way to be in tandem with the receipt of PRTD. I have informed this development and attached all necessary dcouments to IRCC throuhg webform as well as to the visa processing office at Abu Dhabi at the United Arab Emirates.

Would appreciate views on the following:

1. Will Abu Dhabi Center process my PRTD on a priority basis, due to the scheduled interview ?
2. What sort of ques will be posed at the interview at Etobicoke Office ?
3. What challenges may I face ?

Would be very thankful for quick detailed response.
Thanks and regards,
Chellamani

Attachments

Soni

Hi Chella, I’m in your situation . Applied PR card renewal without RO. It’s been 2 years. Could you please let me know have you received your PR card?

chella99

Hi Chella, I’m in your situation . Applied PR card renewal without RO. It’s been 2 years. Could you please let me know have you received your PR card?
Not still..
I was called in for an interview at Toronto on Aug 3, 2022. Since I am out of the country, I couldn't make it and I have applied for the PRTD. I need to check, after receiving the PRTD, how to proceed further with the meeting of IRCC officials at Toronto.

Soni

Not still..
I was called in for an interview at Toronto on Aug 3, 2022. Since I am out of the country, I couldn't make it and I have applied for the PRTD. I need to check, after receiving the PRTD, how to proceed further with the meeting of IRCC officials at Toronto.
Thanks Chella

Soni

Hi Chella,
I got my invitation from ircc to pick up card from Etobicoke office .
please tell me have you received your prtd ???how long it takes??

Soni

Is anyone had an interview for pr card at Etobicoke office??

what kind of questions they ask .

chella99

Is anyone had an interview for pr card at Etobicoke office??

what kind of questions they ask .
Dear Soni,
Can you pls send me your email and cell no details pls as I would like to speak to you quickly..

thanks and regards,
Chellamani