The race for the Express Entry to Canada has officially begun. The end of January saw the first draw of top ranking candidates from the pool of applicants, to be invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada. For those who want to ensure that they are at the top of the list for when the next round of “draws” are completed so that you can apply for permanent residence in Canada, keep reading. The selection of top ranking candidates is based on a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). So how does this scoring system work?

Pages is independently run and does not seek editorial input from IMMIgroup Inc. The views of the authors of content on do not reflect the views of the consultants employed by IMMIgroup Inc.

"All images on are CC licensed, public domain or the work of IMMIgroup employees. If you see your image on and it has not been CC licensed, please contact us immediately at [email protected] so we can take it down."